Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I wish to contact you regarding an order I have placed?
Please contact Alfa Oils via email or through our website.
2. If my tank does not hold all the oil I have ordered?
Please check your tank before placing your order. If the full amount of oil ordered can not be taken in your tank, a refund will be made charged at the closest rate within 100 litres of your order.
3. How do I find out how much oil you have actually delivered?
Alfa Oils' delivery driver will leave a printed docket from the tanker’s meter which will show exactly how much oil was delivered.
4. What happens if I miss my delivery?
If the customer has not left access or the tank is locked for the arranged delivery, there will be a 'call-out charge' of £20.
5. I live on a street where access to the tank may be difficult – will you be able to deliver to my home?
Alfa Oils operate a small tanker service, designed for restricted access - in addition to our fleet of standard vehicles - and can arrange regular, planned deliveries to ensure you have a constant supply of oil. **WE DO NOT OFFER THROUGH HOUSE DELIVERIES**
6. What if I don’t know how much oil my tank will hold, or if I want it filled up? Can I enter a quantity of zero?
Unfortunately not. The Alfa Oils system does not recognise an order for a zero quantity so you should enter the maximum number of litres you would want delivered.
7. When can I expect to receive delivery of my order?
Alfa Oils' standard delivery is within 2 working days. Working days are Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays (New Years Day, Easter Monday & Tuesday, May Day, 12 & 13 of July, and Christmas & Boxing Day). This enables us to plan our delivery schedule and is one of the reasons why we can offer significantly lower prices for web orders.
8. Why do I have to enter my card details at the time of ordering, do you not offer credit or payment to the driver?
Alfa Oils can only offer very low prices on the web if our costs are kept to an absolute minimum. This means that payment has to be made at the time of ordering to reduce administration costs and we cannot offer any credit for online orders. Drivers are unable to accept card payments. Paying online also reduces the chance of you missing the delivery person when they call, should you have to go out unexpectedly (which would incur a non-delivery charge).
9. How do I know what type of card I have?
Credit cards are usually MasterCard or Visa. Debit cards (cards where the money is debited immediately from your current account) include Switch, Maestro, Visa Debit and Electron.
10. What areas do you deliver to?
We can deliver to you if you live within the following postcode areas:
BT1 – BT30; BT32; BT36 – BT39; BT60 – BT67.